The straps on select Movado watches are easy to interchange using the Strap Tool that comes with an accessory strap purchase on Movado.com. Spring-bar or tension-style pins with narrow tips and a wider, compressible middle section attach these straps to the watch case via tiny holes in the lugs.
The forked end of the Strap Tool is used to apply pressure to the wider portion of the pin to compress it for strap removal or attachment. The pointed end is used to push the pin out of one strap so it can be used with a new one.
TO REMOVE A STRAP:
1. With the watch facing down on a cloth or soft surface to prevent scratching, firmly but carefully insert the fork end of the Strap Tool between the watch lug and the strap. Figure A.
2. Apply sideways pressure to compress the pin toward the center of the strap. Figure B.
3. When the tip of the pin is free from the hole in the lug on that side, gently maneuver the strap down until it clears the case. The other end of the pin should then pop out easily from hole in the opposite lug, freeing the strap from the watch case. Figure C. Repeat steps above to remove the other half of the strap.
TO ATTACH A STRAP:
NOTES: The buckle end of the strap should be attached to the top or 12 o’clock side of the case.
If necessary, use the pointed end of the Strap Tool to remove a pin from one strap, and center it properly in a new one.
1. Place the watch head face down on a cloth or soft surface to prevent scratching. 2. With the strap half facing down, insert one tip of the pin into the lug hole. Figure D.
3. Using the fork end of the Strap Tool to apply gentle pressure to the free edge of the strap, compress the spring-bar pin toward the center of the strap. Figure E.
4. Maneuver the strap into position between the two lugs and slowly release pressure, guiding the remaining pin tip into the lug hole on that side. Figure F. 5. Tug gently on the strap to make sure both ends of the spring-bar pin are properly seated in the lug holes. Repeat steps above to attach the other half of the strap.